Sunday, February 22, 2009

Superstition Mts


11 x 13 inches oil on canvas on birch


Painting this weekend in two day plein air workshop
of Amery Bohling who had Jeremy Lipking as her guest
(his
figurative work is incredible).
Both of them are fabulous with the desert light.
My painting has some color she corrected for me,
so
many thanks Amery!

Amery keeps her paints to a minimum taking only 6 colors:
ultramarine blue, Alizarin crimson, cadmium light,
cadmium yellow lt, Indian yellow, and titanium white
(and sometimes thalo green)


Premixing colors after the start of the sketch



The Superstition Mountains has the Lost Dutchman's Park
and lots of hiking trails.

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed meeting and painting with you today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shea many thanks. I always have a ton of photos from locations...my computer threatens to crash unless I delete them after backing up is the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, it was absolutely wonderful meeting you around the ole corral as well and painting the tamed herd swapping on-the-trail stories!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin