Sunday, February 10, 2013

Fire Engine 151 #21013 by Candy Barr


11 x 14 inches Oil on canvas



The Glendale Chocolate Festival
Annual Plein Air Event

I walked a mile to the fire station to paint, set up and blocked in truck when they had a call and boarded the truck and left!

I was determined to stick it out painting the building and surrounds while I waited for them to return....as they did!  I cheered them back,   and as they pulled through the building, they asked if it was parked in the same spot then they all came over to see the painting.  The crew was a lively and nice bunch...(it had only been a poor driver they told me)
ah ...the firefighters...

 And the best of show winner 
Alex Pekala (on right)
standing next the Mayor Weiers of Glendale
with his watercolor of a corner home

Available to purchase


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin