Friday, March 27, 2009

After Carracci's Sleeping Boy



5 x 5 inches Oil on birch





$99. + S/H

This is a study detail from the classical
drawing by Italian artist
Lodovico Carracci 1555 -1619

.

on right: Michaelangelo's Dying Slave 1475-1564 Marble

I have been painting nudes and quick portraits
for my 2nd solo Nudes & Figure show coming up
at the Artspace on Main St in Burlington, VT.

These figures from art history have been
samples of my inspirations.



Eduard Degas Spartan Boys (detail) Oil 1834-1917



Rodin the Prodigal Son Before 1889 4ft 6 3/4 inches Bronze



Toulouse-Lautrec C. 1885 Le Polisseur Oil


4 comments:

  1. A very interesting series of male nudes. I like the rhythm you paint with. Bravo !!!

    best Edward

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks Edward. I really appreciate the support from a fellow figure painter whose work I admire greatly.
    Most indirect comments have been from women unable to grasp the art part of my paintings.
    Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candy, GREAT !!!!!! GREAT!!!!, I just spend half gour time in "our DPG messages board" read the tupic about you wonderful painting/s, so many thing comes to my mind to write there, hahahahah!! I dont know if to shut up my mouth or even paint into one of my "apotheosics" landscapes skies a couple of pending beisball balls.
    my deeply congratulations Candy, you are a great artist, go head!!
    your.
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's interesting to note, whether viewers see my paintings as only a thumbnail with a humorous title, and have an immediate reaction, or whether they follow the blog, and read what I'm working on. These are studies. And frankly as the artist attending open studio sessions at the Scottsdale Art School, I'm just painting what's before me. Established professional models determine acceptable poses. So I allowed myself a little leeway with humorous titles. Life is too short to miss the fun.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin