Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Vernal Pool Log


14 x 14 x 1.5 inches Oil on birch




It was lightly raining, but the canopy of trees
seemed to keep it pretty dry.



I sometimes use 2 Masterson palettes
for larger paintings, when I'm using
larger brushes. Blues and greens in one,
and reds and yellows in the other.



I didn't do any touch ups or
make changes in the studio.
This was it.
It's kind of exhilarating
working in the woods with
the sounds of birds, wind
through the trees and the
sounds of rain in the pools.
Even though you are
alone, yet relating to your
surroundings, there is a lot of
company in nature!


5 comments:

  1. Candy,
    I enjoy your paintings from beginning to end. Thanks for sharing. I learn more from process/sketchbooks of others than from finished works. May your travels return you to Vermont. Much rain (and grey--UGH) here too!
    Cheers,
    Jayne Shoup

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jayne. I'm always intrigued by drawings before paintings and studio set ups as well. There's always another way to describe a red ball isn't there? ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. so very attractive. I love these pools they are so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Beautiful spot and a fantastic painting at every stage!! It's nice to see your process... Greg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Greg...you do what you can do...the wet weather has prompted landscapes otherwise overlooked for me. There's beauty everywhere isn't there? You just hope you can apply your knowledge for constructing a painting even of a closet view.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin