Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Take Me To The River



30 x 48 inches Oil on canvas Framed

$3200. + S/H



Intial block in with orange under painting

I completed this painting for the first art show
of Billy Brauer's Thursday Night Model Class
40 years of students to be held at the
TW Wood Art Gallery in Montpelier, Vermont
Artists Reception Fri August 28, 5 -7pm

I first went to paint the model with Billy
giving the critique at the end in 1978,
a couple of years after I moved to Vermont!
Off and on I've been working from the model
on Thursday nights, more regularly in
the last 15 years I'd say. The location
for the class has moved at least 30 times
from Warren, to Waitsfield to Montpelier.

Billy's paintings of figures are really well known
and he's a super with etchings as well.
He paid me the greatest compliment last week
by buying my Plein Air lesson at a local
Taste of the Valley silent auction item!
He told me "I've always wanted to work
with you!" Very flattering indeed.




8 comments:

  1. Wow! This is very impressive! Wonderful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ali and Liza. It should be fun to see it in the Figure & Beyond show as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors & reflections - reminds me of John Asaro's earlier works....truly gorgeous/impressive work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Roxanne, and fun to look up Asaro...hadn't heard of him. Love his fluidity of brush work, saturated color and draftsmanship.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your figure work, particularly these figures in water.
    Isn't it always a boost to hear another artist, especially one you might consider a mentor, say they love your work :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary, indeed it is great to be affirmed by a fellow artist and also one that one admires. Thank you so much, and for taking the time to comment! (I didn't realize I couldn't correct a typo without it showing up as Comment deleted.. oops..always learning something new!)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin