Saturday, September 26, 2009

Alone on a Sofa



18 x 24 inches Oil on canvas





$225 +S/H

This was discovered when I set up my open studio in August.
It's not bad, but not exactly what you'd want on the wall over the sofa!
Maybe it needs a sleeping cat painted in...

I read a poignant entry on painting that matters by my Vermont painter friend David Smith
from last January I'd like to share " I was reading about Bruce Springsteen, something about his desire to create 'durable' songs. Art is a product of the time it was created in, but I liked that utilitarian description of his, art meant to stand on its own, weathering changing times and interactions with changing audiences. That's what all of us makers of things would like, to make something durable."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin