Monday, September 21, 2009

Von Trapp Cow Study ~ go to 3.18.10



5 x 7 inches Oil on canvas board

(go to 3.19.10 for continued version)



This is a fifteen minute study I decided to do while I was driving past. I thought I should come back some day this time in the late afternoon to paint these wonderful cows, and something made me stop right then. I had an extra 20 minutes I figured to paint something about a cow. But I must tell you, they are moving right along the slope eating their way from one end to the other. So the direction it started was not what the pose remained! So to do a longer pose wouldn't actually be so easy. Then I realized a bunch were lying down. I'll have to go for one of those next time. It's fun to talk to them while you're painting. They are good listeners and frequently look up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin