Thursday, January 14, 2010

Saguaro with Four Peaks



8 x 10 inches Oil on canvas board

A little plein air going on after sunrise. It started out pretty dark and 48 degrees but no wind.
never really took off any clothing layers, as it was overcast most of the morning.
Outrageously peaceful and wonderful to be in Tonto State Park with the only concern being what am trying to convey in my painting? After coming home, it occurs to me after it dries, that I might clean up a saguaro or two, as the wet on wet can get tricky. I can see how a studio version of this would allow me to glaze on the sky and feather the colors more before adding the foreground...perhaps this would have some merit.
At times I felt as if I were channeling Marsden Hartley ...apologizes to MH fans. It does wing you up through the process spontaneously.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin