Saturday, February 7, 2009

Looking Out Window -suggestions?



24" x 24" Oil on canvas


Face Detail

This was a portrait I painted the figure
with palette knife, but never really completed.
I didn't deal with the background so I'm open
to suggestions? I've added the window, but am open
to what is outside, and wonder
if anyone has some suggestions for the right side
behind the model? If your idea is selected, I'll
paint it in, and credit you with the idea on blog!
Here's and interesting portrait from
LA County Museum (LACMA)


by Mabel Alvarez
(United States, Hawaii, Oahu, 1891 - 1985)
Arabella with Calla Lillies, 1934
Painting, Oil on canvas, 40 x 30 in.


1 comment:

  1. OK Shea, if I decide to leave it, I may have to credit you..lol! Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin