Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Rain Pool



14 x 14 x 1.5 inches Oil on birch panel



This was what I thought was final but then I
wanted the water darker, so I redid it to one above.
I sacrificed some of the freshness, and reds and pinks
especially in the top left. I also broke up the
shape coming in from the right which
I didn't want as the focal point.





It was raining all morning till mid afternoon, and the
droplets were making great rings in this vernal pool.
Mosquitoes abound in Maine this time of year needless
to say. I was fascinated by the reflection, the patterns and
the low contrast with a myriad of colors in the woods.

2 comments:

  1. Both versions are beautiful. I love the abstract shapes created by the water circles. Can't believe this was done in Plein Air! Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gwen for taking the time to let me know. I really appreciate it. I definitely stretched myself on this finding patterns in the woods and trying to make some order. (and fight off the mosquitoes!)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin